Flight info presented here is aimed at international travelers seeking the quickest route to Raja Ampat from outside Indonesia. Therefore this ignores flights to Sorong from airports not serviced by international flights (Ambon, Jayapura etc).
Domine Eduard Osok Airport – SOQ
Sorong’s airport is Domine Eduard Osok (IATA code: SOQ) not Jefman Airport as some sources report. Jefman is an older airport (originally built by the Japanese during World War II) on an island off Sorong.
- There are no international flights into Sorong
- There are no direct (non-stop) flights from Bali to Sorong
From outside Indonesia:
Via Jakarta or Surabaya:
- Lots of airlines fly from Southeast Asian hubs to Jakarta and Surabaya.
Note that these are merely the most convenient entry points for international travelers bound for Sorong. There are other international airports in Indonesia, but to the best of our knowledge, none of those offer non-stop flights to Sorong. (Correct us if we’re wrong about that!)
From inside Indonesia:
- Use Traveloka, Tiket.com, Tiket2Indonesia or Skyscanner to check the availability of flights from your departure point
- Many international credit cards do not work on Indonesian websites. Most guests report they have no trouble paying by card on Garuda’s website. Nusatrip.com sells Indonesian domestic flights and is worth a try if you have problems.
Direct flights to Raja Ampat (Sorong)
As Raja Ampat tourism grows, so do the number of flights available to Sorong. We used to publish a table of airlines and their flight times here, but the last few years’ growth in the available options has made it impractical for us to keep those up to date.
Listing of available sites to visit for direct flights
Instead, here’s a list of links of airlines that fly direct (no stops) to Sorong from the most convenient international airports mentioned above. This information was current in March 2018. We recommend searching one of the flight aggregators linked above to quickly find available flight dates and times from the Indonesian airport that best suits you.
Jakarta to Raja Ampat (Sorong) (CGK-SOQ): Garuda, Xpress, Sriwijaya (Nam Air), Batik Air, Air Asia
Surabaya to Raja Ampat (Sorong) (SUB-SOQ): Batik Air
Makassar to Raja Ampat (Sorong) (UPG-SOQ): Garuda, Xpress, Sriwijaya, Batik Air
Manado to Raja Ampat (Sorong) (MDC-SOQ): Garuda, Nam Air, Lion (Wings Air)